Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jensen splashes, Mommy finishes grad school

It was a big weekend for the Thornton family. We spent the weekend in Davenport. On Saturday, I finished eight hours of comprehensive exams to conclude my graduate program through St. Ambrose University. I won't know if I passed until the middle of September, and we don't officially graduate until December, but I'm done. Praise the Lord! While I was taking the exam, Matt and Jensen shopped all day and then we celebrated with dinner and a trip to the pool for Jensen's first swim. He didn't know what to think at first, but the second trip on Sunday morning he really seemed to get the hang of it and really seemed to like it. He just looked so cute in his swimming trunks! He's just the sweetest little thing. At dinner on Friday night with my classmates every one commented on how well-behaved he is. He's such a ham, and made lots of new friends this weekend. He already has two teeth, and is growing like a weed. It will be fun not to have homework and class until 10 on Monday nights. I'm looking forward to the break. But, I'll probably be equally as busy, I'm sure!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute...and congratulations Mindy! You should be very proud. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mindy!!! I love your new profile picture! You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mindy!! I wish I was finishing! I am starting the MBA program at Iowas on Aug 25th, scary! Your little guy is adorable. Kelly (Vandersee) Augustine

    ReplyDelete