Thursday, August 13, 2009

10.5 hours of sleep makes Jensen much happier

Well, we let him "cry it out" last night. I sat outside and talked to my sister-in-law, Angela, who is the person we turn to most for advice about baby stuff, and I thought calling her would make me feel better for some reason--I just knew she'd understand! Thanks Ang! Jensen cried for 20 minutes, and then slept for 10.5 hours!!! He didn't get up for his 4:00 am bottle. He stirred a bit at 5:30, but slept until 6:30 when I woke him to leave for school. We couldn't believe it! Today at daycare they commented that he seemed much happier. Day two of sleep training, no tears, he's been sleeping pretty sound for the past hour or so--I guess we'll see how this goes. So far so good. I guess it can take about 2 weeks to "train" them, and it is important to keep them on their schedule--so hopefully we find our routine. It was nice to have him sleep so well. Matt and I were both up a few times to check on him (more out of habit, of course) but hopefully we'll get back to sleeping better, too.

So, it is much more fun to have your little guy feeling well-rested. He was such a kick this morning! When I dropped him off at school, I sat him on the floor to play with one of the other little ones. He picked up one of the toys, which was one of those ring stackers--which I thought might be too much of a "big kid toy" but he started playing along. Then, the other little boy, Marshall, kind of rolled over close to Jensen, and Jensen decided to drop his toy and pat Marshall on the head. He tugged at his hair a bit, and I reminded Jensen that Marshall was not Chloe, and gave him back his toy. It was so sweet to see him interact with a little buddy at daycare and to see him play with big kid toys! I wanted to run right out and buy him one of those ring stackers, but I resisted! ;) Instead, I called Matt to tell him all of the details.

We tried carrots tonight. He took about three spoonfuls, and actually gave us a smile, which was shocking because this is the first veggie that he hasn't completely hated. We've tried peas, green beans, sweet potatoes and now carrots. So nature's candy, the carrot, at least was more appealing to him--if only for a few moments, when he started to refuse to eat it, and spit it back out. Oh well, he's eating the oatmeal and rice cereals fairly well, so that is progress, right? ;)

Here's a few of my favorite pictures from the past few days...Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! And congrats on the first step being successful!!

    ReplyDelete