Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Thorntons join CPUMC


Today, we joined CP United Methodist Church *this isn't a picture from today--we were a little more dressed up for the special occasion! ;) As we stood at the front of the church, holding our little boy, I had one of those moments. My friend wrote a song and one of the lyrics is something like "never thought life would bring me here." When I think about today, and how normal it was, it is almost overwhelming. Sometimes I think about times in high school or college when I would dream about "what I could only hope for" my best life to be like and now, sometimes I am taken aback at the fact that what I have is that plus so much more. Joining a church family, holding my sweet little boy, listening to my amazing husband share about our family---what a gift God has given. We're gearing up for a very busy fall--Matt will be taking two graduate classes, and X Country will be officially starting, and he starts school again tomorrow---I'll guess I'll have to start doing the laundry! ;) August is a CRAZY busy time for Kirkwood, too. I've been battling muscle tension and migraines, which have been miserable, and a little scary, so I pray that these subside. I also hope and pray that I don't take myself too seriously, and don't get too stressed out at work. We've had some interesting characters we've dealt with lately, and it has really affected me more than I thought, I guess. So here's to seeking more balance at work, and focusing on the really good stuff in my life. I pray that we'll find time to be together, and just rejoice in the amazing family that we've been given. No matter how busy we get, to remember to ask each other how our day is going--and care enough to listen for the answer. To look at each other and remember that God has allowed each of us to marry our very best friend. And, to never get too tired, or too stressed at work that we lose sight of what is most important--each other, and being the very best parents to Jensen that we can possibly be. Matt and Jensen, you bring such stability and joy to my life. I love you both so very much--and I thank God for both of you! The light of Jesus shines so brightly through the two of you that I just can't help but be touched by it. Though I don't fully understand the awesome power of God's love, I'm learning more about it each and every day through my interactions with the two of you. I am so thankful for the moments that we get to share that seem overwhelmingly "normal" and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment