Saturday, September 19, 2009

guess who is on the go?

I'm surprised we could get Jensen to sit still long enough to snap this picture. Well, honestly, when we were taking this picture, I do remember having to stop, put the camera down, and re-position him. He's starting to wiggle, and roll, and crawl around pretty well.

About three weeks ago, the two teachers at daycare mentioned that he had a milestone. Actually, I remember walking into the classroom to pick him up, and they looked at each other and one said, "well, are you going to tell her what happened or should I?" All the moms reading this probably know that those words made my heart sink into my stomach for a few minutes. Ok, the dads reading this probably know that, too. Anyway...after I recovered from my slight "panic" like "what happened now" with my trials and tribulations of daycare--they said, "oh he crawled!" I was kind of stunned. Crawled? He's so young, how could he be crawling already? And, more importantly, how come the daycare providers get to see my little boy's milestones first? Ugg. I almost started to cry. I called Matt, and every set of grandparents to tell them the good news before I even got home.

But, then, I kind of thought they were stretching the truth a bit. He never crawled at home. Each morning when I dropped him off, one of the teachers would say? Has he crawled for you yet? No. Oh, he will. He's scootin' all around here, they'd say. Again, little pangs of green envy boiled up within me thinking that these two women get to see fun moments with Jensen while I'm at work. But, anyway...I digress....the point of this blog entry is that he is finally starting to scoot, and roll, and wiggle, and crawl at home now, too. It isn't fast, and he can't quite figure out how to get all of his weight balanced for the true "crawl" but he's getting there--in fact, he's getting quite a few places now that we can't believe. Probably a good thing that Matt and I aren't both in school. No more moments where he'll lay quietly between us while we write papers on Sunday afternoon before Monday night grad classes. Guess God's timing is pretty good. ;)

2 comments:

  1. No worries mindy he'll be crawling like mad for
    you and then you'll be hoping he just crawled at daycare. Anyways, great job champ!!!

    ReplyDelete